What are people's experiences with WeSwap and Revolut?
I've been personally using WeSwap and have saved a lot of money on exchanges and fees.
Both cards seem to be good ways to get your foriegn currency and certainly much cheaper and more convenient than exchanging cash at banks or at the aiport - as they allow you to get the interbank rate.
From what I've experienced and have seen:
- offers 0% commission and interbank rate if you do a 7 day swap and have got 5 friends to sign up - (otherwise it's 1% commission)
- no charge when using card to purchase
- only in 18 currencies for spending so far (will likely add more and more though)
- small charge for withdrawing less than £200 equivalent from ATM (see WeSwap charges)
- although most places accept it (it's a mastercard debit) - I've found a couple of places where my payment was rejected
- works in 120 currencies
- also offers functionality to send or recieve money to other people instantly
- charges 2% if you withdraw more than £500 per month from atm (see Revolut Charges)
For me - WeSwap wins out because of Revolut's charge of 2% once you withdraw more than £500 per month.
For frequent travellers - that means you're going to pay a fee here, whereas with WeSwap there's no charge.